Veelgestelde vragen

Am I entitled to payroll tax credit? And how do I apply for this?

If you work, you will be entitled to a tax credit. In the application form you receive from Topselect you indicate whether you want payroll tax credit to be applied.
Please note: are you working for more than one employer at the same time? Or do you receive benefits in addition to your job? Then you can only apply for payroll tax credit through one employer (select the employer for which you work the most hours). Indeed, if you apply for payroll tax credit with each employer, you will receive too much tax credit and you will have to repay tax afterwards. You may switch payroll tax credit from one employer to the next as often as you want.

Level of the credit
The level of the credit depends on the salary you receive and on your age, among other things. It is therefore difficult to give an indication. You can find more information about this on the website of the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration. First look at the white weekly table/monthly table for the relevant year. Then look up your gross salary per period. This enables you to see how much credit you receive and how much will be deducted if you have payroll tax credit applied or not.

Changing the payroll tax credit
Please send an e-mail to if you want to change your payroll

Payroll tax is an advance levy on income tax for Dutch taxpayers. If too much payroll tax is deducted, this will be corrected when filing your tax return for the relevant year. This means you will either receive a refund if too much was deducted, or you will have to make an additional payment if too little was deducted. Other rules sometimes apply for foreign employees. Do you want to know whether you are entitled to a tax refund and how you may apply for this? Then contact the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration via +31 55 538 53 85

Or click here for the contact details of the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration.

This depends on the level of your hourly wage and whether or not payroll tax credit is applied. On the website of the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration you can find the level of the salary per week / per month / per 4 weeks etc. from which you start paying payroll tax (with or without payroll tax credit).